Hyatt Regional Director of Sales - India in GURGAON, India
Scope and General Purpose of Job:
To develop and manage a set of accounts based in India identified as potential business for Hyatt Hotels, both inbound and outbound (Corporates, Tour & Travel, MICE, PCO’s and any other important segment identified). This account list to be independent of Hyatt Sales Force account list, i.e exclude all those accounts.
To assist existing hotels as well as new and pre-opening hotels to maximise their sales efforts and coverage.
The primary definition of India Sales responsibility will be both intra India, i.e. business moving between multiple cities within India e.g. Mumbai to Delhi and vice versa, along with outbound business opportunities.
Aligned with the primary definition and core objectives of improving penetration and distribution of intra India business and to developnew business opportunities for Hyatt Hotels & Resorts globally from accounts that are not handled by Global Sales. The objective of this role will be to move towards 70 vs 30 percentage India and outbound share towards the end of second year of successfully running of this department.
· Develop and maintain an India based list of accounts having business and profile, to support both India and outbound business for Hyatt Hotels & Resorts.
· To ensure that a list is drawn with accounts being handled by India Sales Organisation (ISO) and the same is shared with all relevant stakeholders.
· To have targets set and agreed on a quarterly/yearly basis for all hotels. This could be done either on a cumulative basis or by account basis. The same to be discussed and agreed.
· To ensure that a monthly / quarterly/ bi annually and annual review is conducted by sales personnel where by hotel numbers / strategies / way forward is discussed and documented.
· To recommend a yearly activity plan-encompassing areas like database, sales solicitation, sales trips, educational trips, direct mail, hotels relations etc…
· Maintain an accurate record of sales activity completed by the ISO team and ensure it is in-line with agreed personal goals
· Maintain an accurate record of all business placed by the ISO account database on Monthly Quarterly and Annual basis
· Prepare and present the annual ISO operating budget
· Prepare accurate statistical reports as required or agreed with the VP Sales Operations to support results
· To create and maintain an accurate database of key accounts of tour and travel, corporate, MICE, PCO segments with potential for inbound /outbound FIT and group business for India hotels.
· To manage a team of motivated India sales managers and define territories according to the data of accounts managed.
· To make regular pre-scheduled sales trips to the key cities located in the primary markets to solicit business, targeting India business and accounts for both inbound and outbound.
· To maintain an updated library of selected hotels worldwide including rack brochure, sales kits, slides, video and price list. To maintain a sufficient stock of Hyatt collaterals.
· To establish a close relationship with key sales personnel and management of priority hotels, identify their needs in the region, generate leads and assist them on request.
· To stay close to the Hyatt Sales Force and maintain an excellent relationship, as both teams should work together to maximise market share for Hyatt.
· To ensure personal business plans are SMART and achieved.
· To promptly handle, follow up and secure any requests from the accounts or from hotels.
· To update the database further to the sales calls with any relevant information (New name/ new contact/ special request/ follow up needed/ next contact schedule, etc..)
· To develop specific accounts strategies and tactical opportunities.
· To maintain a close relationship with sales representatives from selected Tour operators and Ground operators and develop joint promotional activities.
· To attend trade shows, corporate functions or promotions representing Hyatt in general to keep a high profile in the Market place.
· To constantly feed the team with new information, ideas, creative thoughts and information about competition and customers.
· To respond to any changes in the function as dictated by the industry of the company.
· To constantly update and refine product knowledge.
· Ensure that all corporate policies and procedures are implemented and adhered to.
· To ensure that all office, company and local rules and regulations related to financial record keeping, money handling and licensing are adhered to.
· To recruit and manage an effective and highly motivated sales team.
· To manage and train the sales team in order to provide excellent and prompt internal or external customer service.
· To ensure that the India sales team is developed to their full potential and maximise their effectiveness by participating in developing their skills and abilities through appropriate training, coaching, and/or mentoring.
· To support the implementation of Our Purpose with the team, demonstrating and reinforcing Hyatt’s values and culture.
· To ensure that the sales team are up to date with hotel information in India and complete all required training on a timely fashion.
· To report for duty punctually, wearing correct business attire at all times as per Hyatt grooming standards.
· To provide a courteous and professional service at all times.
· To have a complete understanding and adherence to Hyatt policies.
· To maintain a high standard of personal appearance and hygiene.
· To carry out any other reasonable duties and responsibilities as assigned.
· To attend all training sessions / programs as requested by Hyatt Management.
· To ensure all office equipment is functioning smoothly
Primary Location: IN-HR-Gurgaon
Organization: Southwest Asia Regional Office
Job Level: Full-time
Req ID: GUR000487
Hyatt is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, age, religion, disability, veteran status, genetic information, citizenship status or any other group protected by law.